On Job Site
Type of Job
About the job
We are looking for experienced Project Managers to manage organization of key client projects. As a project manager, your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline.
Project Manager responsibilities include developing detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation and delivering every project on time within budget and scope. You should be an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks. You are also a team player and have a problem-solving aptitude.
Overall you will be assisting the sales team in all scheduling, delivery, labor, and site coordination aspects of projects, relating to the successful installation of furniture and wall components.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with clients and internal team members.
- Coordinate efforts of design, sales, manufacturers, vendors, and various trades in the successful completion of projects.
- Interface with installation companies and manufacturers regarding scheduling.
- Required to successfully communicate the project parameters and logistically manage large and small-scale projects from initial consultations, through to order placement, to receipt of goods and services, through punchlist resolution, to Day Two, ongoing support.
- Engage in all aspects of furniture projects effectively, while meeting the company’s and client’s expectations.
- Act as the liaison between Sales and Customer when asked.
- Visit & Check Site &/or confirm with bldg. Mgr., client - Loading dock area & access. Elevator size & corridor restrictions
- Determine availability of staging and equipment areas
- Check trades that maybe required.
- Confirm that construction is on time with GC.
- Field survey electrical locations prior to installation.
- Obtain Insurance Certificates
- Obtain Installation Plans and review with Installer
- Review acknowledgements.
- Secure install quotes.
- Tag out space to identify areas per plans and paperwork
- Create direction signage and map for installers
- Work with Sales Coordinator to issue backcharges, freight, and deficiency claims.
- Confirm installation is completed as per plans and specifications.
- Maintain Project Folders both hard copies and network stored versions.
- Develop and maintain project schedules.
- General knowledge of Team Design / Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Project and Project Matrix software use.
- Attend design/sales meetings and seminars as requested
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)